Complaint Review: Newegg.com

• Reported By: stephen gebhard — las vegas Nevada United States of America
Newegg.com

Newegg.com Newegg.com does not honor sale prices www.newegg.com, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Newegg Support

This past weekend I found a product on sale, ordered 7 of them, new egg took my money, then 3 hours later they cancelled both orders stating the "marketplace vendor", whatever the hell that is, was out of stock.
Almost simultaneously, the price on this item jumped $100.00, coincidence? Then I emailed customer service stating the exact same thing that I was a loyal customer of over 10 years and made many purchases and was always treated as I should be, with honesty, and requested that New Egg honor their sale price with the same product at the same price, or a reasonable "like" product. Below is the response I received today from someone in customer service by the name of Mona, this is a direct copy from the response: "Discussion Thread Response Via Email (Mona)01/07/2013 09:46 AM
Dear stephen,

Thank you for contacting Newegg.

We apologize for any inconvenience. The item was advertised by marketplace seller at the price. Unfortunately as of this moment there is no sufficient stock. We would offer a full refund for this situation but we would not be able to fulfill the order at the same price or items, or offer another item at the same price range.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs page. If you still require any assistance, please feel free to reply directly to this email.

Mona
Newegg Customer Service

Once you know, you Newegg

Really? I don't give a Rats ass what deal you have with your marketplace vendors, I made the purchase with you, you took my money, then welched on the deal at the end of the day.

If this is the way you conduct business, I will purchase from somewhere else, ever heard of Tiger Direct?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2013 07:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Neweggcom/internet/Neweggcom-Neweggcom-does-not-honor-sale-prices-wwwneweggcom-Internet-993020. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Newegg.com

Newegg Support

AUTHOR: Newegg Support - (USA)

Dear Mr. Gebhard,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this marketplace issue has caused. Please know it is not our intention to cause you to be unsatisfied with the services we or our affiliates provide. Please send us an email to WeCare@Newegg.com and we will further investigate this pending issue. Thank you for letting us know and we look forward to further assisting you.

Sincerely,