Complaint Review: Newegg.com

• Updated: Wed, September 19, 2012

• Reported By: Darius — greenville United States of America
Newegg.com

Newegg.com sends computer without a CPU and blames me for missing CPU, Internet

Recently (being about 3 weeks ago today) i had ordered a lenovo y580 laptop brand new off of the web site newegg. because i ordered it mid week it shipped within the next week which was fine and expected. the next week that i received and opened the box i pull out the computer to turn it on. to my dismay the laptop did not work. the power button of the computer lit up (only the power button) and then turned off in a matter of a few seconds.

So i plug the computer up to charge for 20 minutes just in case it wasn't fully charged and that was the problem. and 20 minutes later i am disjointed again. the same thing happens as before. i call newegg to express my displeasure with their product. I even talk to someone at newegg under tech support about the product and he placed my statement on their website that the computer didnt work. but with their polocy im not allowed a refund but i can ship it in for replace, or so they told me. after talking to about 3 or so customer service people i get the RMA and everything set up to ship all the way to california. this took about another whole week for it to reach since it was by ground ups service. the next week after it arrived in california i recieve 3 e-mails. one saying it arrived another repeating that and lastly a third saying the cpu had been removed and that it voids the warranty.

At first i thought well of course i took the computer out of the box to try and turn it on of course (i wasn't aware they were talking about a computer part, I'm not tech savvy)but, yet again, i have to call newegg numerous times to figure out what they were talking about. the customer service female told me that the CPU part in the computer was taken out of the computer. i asked her how would that be done and what that would do to the computer and she tells me something similar to what happened when i revived it in the first place- i.e that it wouldn't work.

i told her that i had previously talked to about 3 other representatives about the problem and they should've already known these problems and that it was that way before i received it obviously. the woman on the phone seemed not to believe me insinuating in sarcasm "so the computer was shipped back and the CPU just feel out?". after getting the generalized reach around speech of "well try again" i was informed that they would try to see what happened.

After googling what a cpu's function is and how a computer would work (or not ) without one it seemed to me that it was never there in the first place. multiple sites say the same thing. newegg is trying to blame me for a missing component that was never there. and if not that they are just looking for a way to ignore their own policy to help fix it. the customer service representative claims that they'll take another look into the case ,but i doubt they are going to change their standpoint from blaming me.

All i wanted was a working laptop but instead they took 900$ from me and will probably cost me another 300$ for a CPU part. i barley know how computers work so i don't know why they would even accuse me of taking out a part that i didn't even know existed.

This in all has taken about 3 to 4 weeks of my time along with hours of keep up online and on the phone with newegg when i could have just ordered a new laptop if they'd just give me a refund. currently im looking into what legal stances i can take against the company for taking my time and money. never again will i buy from Newegg.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2012 11:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Neweggcom/internet/Neweggcom-sends-computer-without-a-CPU-and-blames-me-for-missing-CPU-Internet-943506. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Newegg.com