Complaint Review: Newegg.com

• Updated: Fri, December 09, 2011

• Reported By: Michael — Yorba Linda California United States of America
Newegg.com
9997 Rose Hills Road, Internet United States of America

Newegg.com would not honor advertised price, Internet

Original complaint to customer service:
 Customer By Email 11/30/2011 02:57 AM

This was never followed up on. I want to pay the price you
advertised. I do not want to fall for bait and switch. I am pretty sure
there are laws and regulations regarding this.

Look at what is going on:

Mike

Customer By Web Form (Michael ****)11/29/2011 12:14 AM

I have attempted to purchase the samsung WEP490 Bluetooth headset that your website lists for $20.99. When I move to checkout, the price changes to $30.99 without any warning or explanation. This is simply unacceptable and highly unethical bait and switch tactics. I took screen shots and will warn others of the deceptive tactic before they lose money due to misleading advertisements. If you want to email me, I'll reply back with the screen shots I took.

Please remedy this. [continued below]....
..... I want to to pay the price I was offered.

Question Reference #111129-000015

Category Level 1: Order Assistance
Category Level 2: Pricing or promotions
Date Created: 11/29/2011 12:14 AM
Last Updated: 12/08/2011 09:23 AM
Status: Solved
Sales Order Number: none yet
Business Unit: US

For more assistance, you can find FAQs, contact links and live chat on our websites:

Customer Service

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 7 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject

Pricing or promotions

Discussion Thread

Response Via Email (Victor)12/08/2011 09:23 AM

Dear Michael,

Thank you for contacting Newegg.

I apologize for the late response to your email as we've been receiving a huge number of contacts recently. Please kindly not, our website, is managed in a real-time format, and price at final at check out. Please reply to this email with the item number that start with N82E168 on the description page, we will further assist you with that. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs page. If you still require any assistance, please feel free to reply directly to this email.

Victor Li
Newegg Customer Service

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2011 12:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Neweggcom/internet/Neweggcom-would-not-honor-advertised-price-Internet-807006. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Newegg.com