Complaint Review: Newport Marketing Group

• Submitted: Tue, December 20, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, December 20, 2005

• Reported By:ny New York
Newport Marketing Group
Newport IM Corp., Box 1259 Seattle, Washington U.S.A.

Newport Marketing Group ripoff, spam, email fraud Seattle Washington

My company has recently been receiving spam sent to us by fake addresses from our own domain. Cute, right?

I traced the spams using our domain and found my way to Robert Soloway, a.k.a. Newport Marketing Group.

I called a number I found on the site and left a message saying that I'd like to place an order. At the end of the day, around 6:00 eastern, I received a phone call from a caller I.D. bearing Robert Soloway's #. It was the same # I had called earlier in the day, 206 223 1270. The person I spoke with claimed to be just an "order fulfillment house." I told him, "here's my order; stop emailing me spam from my own domain name." As one might imagine, I got nowhere and I subsequently found this site, where I am leaving this information. There seems to be no shortage of this guy's spam cruising around online.

Dan
ny, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2005 06:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Newport-Marketing-Group/Seattle-Washington-98111/Newport-Marketing-Group-ripoff-spam-email-fraud-Seattle-Washington-168741. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Newport Marketing Group