Complaint Review: Newport Vintage Books

• Reported By: pensees — Charleston Illinois United States of America
Newport Vintage Books
20 Collins St, New Bedford, MA, 27405538 Internet United States of America

Newport Vintage Books Beware This is Not a Real Business Internet

I wish I would have done a little research before ordering mylar covers from this guy (Frank Krieger). If I would have then I would have noticed the numerous complaints that were posted on several sites regarding his store and thus purchased them elsewhere. After purchasing the item via paypal I was a little bit frustrated at the fact that I had received no confirmation regarding my order after a week went by. I then sent 2 emails to the "company" using two separate addresses that they had just to make sure. No response. I found a phone number. It was answered by the above individual from a cell phone in his car and it did not take long to realize that this business was just something he did in his spare time and really was not committed to it. He told me that he would get back to me but never did. The extensive website and the fact that a simple google search easily led me to this company made me think that this was a thriving and prominent business but that was misleading, as anyone can make themselve out to look that way via the internet. Fortunately, I paid with paypal and hope to receive my payment back after opening a case with them. Unfortunately, it will be a long process as the seller has apparently ignored the case and thus prolonged the release of those funds. I hope that this will serve as a warning to other buyers so that they do not have to go through the frustration of dealing with this person. All in all, this experience has taught me to do a little research before ordering products on-line from sellers who are essentially out of the mainstream. There are other reputable sellers out there who deal with the same products. It would be better to deal with them then send a payment to this company and receive nothing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2013 09:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Newport-Vintage-Books/internet/Newport-Vintage-Books-Beware-This-is-Not-a-Real-Business-Internet-1017923. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Newport Vintage Books