Complaint Review: Newport Vintage Books

• Submitted: Sat, November 06, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, November 06, 2010

• Reported By: Rich — Welland Ontario Canada
Newport Vintage Books

Newport Vintage Books Dealt with Frank (at the company). Place order Aug. 8/09. Took nearly a year to receive SOME of what I ordered. After numerous attempts to contact him, he sloughing me off! He still owes me, Internet

I went to the "Newport Vintage Books" website to order 8 recreated dust jackets that I want to add onto my cherished series book collection---the books that were without dust jackets.  I place the order on August 8th, 2009.   About 8 months later, I contacted Frank again and was incensed that the order sitll hadn't arrived (I paid $110 for the order!)  His website said it could take SIX WEEKS!  Finally last Spring he sent along 4 completed dust jacket recreations and said further ones would be forthcoming.  They never did.  Wrote him back a couple months back and he gave no excuse whatsoever!  I'm still owed 4 further dust jacket recreations.  What a business he's running!

Sincerely,

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2010 04:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Newport-Vintage-Books/internet/Newport-Vintage-Books-Dealt-with-Frank-at-the-company-Place-order-Aug-809-Took-nea-659133. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Newport Vintage Books