Complaint Review: News Max

• Reported By: The Organic Co. — Westlake Village California
News Max
PO Box 20989 West Palm Beach, Florida United States of America

News Max Wayne Boyd -Advertising Scam at News Max! West Palm Beach, Florida

Our company paid News Max $6000 up front for banner ad advertising on their website.  We were being charged a certain amount for each person that viewed our ad (impression), however our ads were not being seen on the site.  When I brought the issue to Wayne Boyd's (sales guy) attention, he stated in an email that it was do to a programing issue on their end (pop-up blocker).  He still charged us for about $1400 worth of advertising that was not seen by anyone (still leaving an unused balance of around $4600 according to News Max).  I informed him that I wanted to cancel the service and get a refund for the full $6000.  He refused.  I told him I would call my bank and he said to go ahead.  I called my bank and issued a chargeback.  News Max lied to the bank and claimed that we had used up all $6000 of our advertising funds.  Unfortunately, I missed the response deadline by one day and lost the chargeback ability.  To date News Max has not refunded our $6000.  I plan on taking them to court to recover our money.  I warn any company thinking about advertising with News Max as they acted very dishonestly with me and with our company.  Shame on News Max!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2013 05:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/News-Max/West-Palm-Beach-Florida-33416/News-Max-Wayne-Boyd-Advertising-Scam-at-News-Max-West-Palm-Beach-Florida-1040449. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on News Max