Complaint Review: NewsMax Media Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, November 02, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, November 11, 2011

• Reported By: Rick — Encinitas California USA
NewsMax Media Inc.
P.O. Box 20989, West Palm Beach, Florida United States of America

NewsMax Media Inc. Rip Off by Charging you for subscriptions that are cancelled West Palm Beach, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Rebuttal

NewsMax Media Inc.

This company offers a book called "After Shock" for $4.99 and then sets you up for 4 newsletters for "free" and if
you don't like them you can cancel.  I received them via email and they were pretty much common sense and worthless to the common investor.  I cancelled via email and received a case number.  24 days later they charged my card $99.00.  When I called them they said basically "tough luck" we don't give refunds and I called my credit card company to dispute the charge.  From the feedback it sounds like this happens a lot with this company.  Do NOT order anything from them. NewsMax
Media Inc.

Sincerely,

RHC

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2011 11:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NewsMax-Media-Inc/West-Palm-Beach-Florida-33416/NewsMax-Media-Inc-Rip-Off-by-Charging-you-for-subscriptions-that-are-cancelled-West-Palm-794412. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NewsMax Media Inc.

Rebuttal

AUTHOR: CS1422 - (United States of America)

As part of the Newsmax customer service team, I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. We take these types of situations seriously. We have long maintained an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. If you would, please call (800) 485-4350 [Monday through Friday 9 am to 10 pm ET]. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to resolve this issue to your satisfaction, and strongly encourage you to contact us at your earliest convenience so we may do so. Thank you.