Complaint Review: Newsmax Aftershock Online Offer for $47.00

• Submitted: Sun, March 17, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, March 17, 2013

• Reported By: Dara M — Washington
Newsmax Aftershock Online Offer for $47.00

Newsmax Aftershock Online Offer for $47.00 Mislead the price of the offer. Internet

Newsmax "Aftershock" offer popped up on my computer screen and caught my attention.  They showed a lengthly video that included an interview with an economist.  They offered a number of books for free, including Aftershock #2.  I was a bit suspicious, as they seemed to be rather far right conservatives, which I do not trust.  However, I wanted some financial advice and I saw Warren Buffet's book in the mix, I figured "take what you like and leave the rest."

I knew that free was too good to be true and sure enough after listening to the lengthy video it turned out to actually be for $47.00.  After I decided to try it and gave them all of my credit card information and decided to just wait for the e-mail receipt, it confirmed that it was not $47, but rather $97.00!!  Then after the fact, I started reading about what scumbags this offer is and now I can see that I have made a huge mistake and have learned my lesson about buying anything on the internet that is solicited to me!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2013 12:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Newsmax-Aftershock-Online-Offer-for-4700/internet/Newsmax-Aftershock-Online-Offer-for-4700-Mislead-the-price-of-the-offer-Internet-1035391. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Newsmax Aftershock Online Offer for $47.00