Complaint Review: Newsmax Media Inc

• Updated: Wed, October 03, 2012

• Reported By: mbc — Dayton Tennessee United States of America
Newsmax Media Inc

Newsmax Media Inc Don't fall for special "Aftershock" offer Internet

I ordered & paid for a special publication of "Aftershock" which was supposed to include some special extras "Not available through normal booksellers". I received an order confirmation on 9/17/12.

When I hadn't seen or heard anything about shipment of my book, I sent an e-mail inquiry to Newsmax customer service. I received an automated reply that they would get back to me as soon as could. That was in the AM of 9/28/12.

When I had received no reply to my customer service e-mail by 10/3/12, I tried contacting their customer service phone number. After staying on hold 20+ minutes without anyone getting to me, I gave up.

I then e-mailed the customer service (hah!) again, telling them to cancel my order. I will probably only receive an automated response & nothing will be done. Unfortunately, I used my debit (they don't use Paypal for obvious reasons) and my bank said that Newsmax would have to authorize the refund.

This is probably a racket - and a big one. I imagine later some enterprising cusumer advocate will catch up with these crooks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2012 10:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Newsmax-Media-Inc/internet/Newsmax-Media-Inc-Dont-fall-for-special-Aftershock-offer-Internet-950207. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Newsmax Media Inc