Complaint Review: Newsmax Media

• Updated: Fri, November 11, 2011

• Reported By: Paula — Westhampton Beach New York United States of America
Newsmax Media
560 Village Blvd, Suite 120 Internet United States of America

Newsmax Media Franklin Prosperity Report CHARGES POSTED TO CREDIT CARD Internet, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Rebuttal

On Oct 30 I happened to check a rarely used account in a bank in SC (I am currently in New York State)  I noticed a charge on my credit card made at 11:25pm by the Franklin Prosperity, Phone 800-4854350 FL  for $49.00.  I did not authorize or subscribe to this report.  I did however receive a free book from them approximately 10 months ago.  I called the number over the weekend and got a recorded message that I should not call my bank if a charge has been made that I should call back during the week and the charge would be removed.  I called back today 4 times.  The first time, and second time I got a recording that there was no one available to speak to me. The third time I got a recording that the wait time to be spoken to was 6 to 8 minutes.  I then called my bank who is investigating the charge.  I made one more phone call to a number I found on your site for Newsmax who publishes the Franklin Prosperity Report.  The woman who answered was not at all surprised when I told her there was a charge on my credit card that I did not authorize.  She asked me for my first name and my phone number and said someone would get back to me this afternoon.  So far no call.

I will be interested in what they have to say if they ever call me back.  I read on you site that there was a similar complaint.  I think this is a definite rip off.  They have my credit card number from the shipping charges for the book and now have added these extra charges.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2011 12:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Newsmax-Media/internet/Newsmax-Media-Franklin-Prosperity-Report-CHARGES-POSTED-TO-CREDIT-CARD-Internet-Internet-793896. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Newsmax Media

Rebuttal

AUTHOR: CS1422 - (United States of America)

As part of the Newsmax customer service team, I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. We take these types of situations seriously. We have long maintained an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. If you would, please call (800) 485-4350 [Monday through Friday 9 am to 10 pm ET]. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to resolve this issue to your satisfaction, and strongly encourage you to contact us at your earliest convenience so we may do so. Thank you.