Complaint Review: Newsmax

• Updated: Fri, November 11, 2011

• Reported By: judeen — Chino California United States of America
Newsmax
P.O Box 20989 Palm Beach, Florida United States of America

Newsmax Franklin Prosperity Report I canceled all subscriptions offered charged my debit card anyway scam ripoff illegal Republican money making scam Palm Beach, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Rebuttal

I saw an offer on the internet for free books regarding money and investing. The catch was that after so many days Newsmax would send out several magazine subscriptions and would charge for them. I canceled the subscriptions because I didn't want them.

Recently I have been receiving information from Franklin Prosperity and today noticed that there was a Franklin Prosperity Fund debit to my checking account for this report. I am pissed because they charged me for this AFTER I cancelled these bogus publications. I reported it to my bank and they are going to refund my money, but I'm sure this has happened to many people.

I can tell after reading and noticing certain things that this is some type of Republican ripoff and I want to see something done about it. It seems like a fake company with nothing really behind it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2011 01:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Newsmax/Palm-Beach-Florida-33416/Newsmax-Franklin-Prosperity-Report-I-canceled-all-subscriptions-offered-charged-my-debit-795829. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Newsmax

Rebuttal

AUTHOR: CS1422 - (United States of America)

As part of the Newsmax customer service team, I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. We take these types of situations seriously. We have long maintained an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. If you would, please call (800) 485-4350 [Monday through Friday 9 am to 10 pm ET]. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to resolve this issue to your satisfaction, and strongly encourage you to contact us at your earliest convenience so we may do so. Thank you.