Complaint Review: Newspaper Archive

• Submitted: Fri, March 23, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, March 23, 2007

• Reported By:chicago Illinois
Newspaper Archive
4069 21st Avenue SW Cedar Rapids, Iowa U.S.A.
  • Phone: 888-845-2887
  • Web:
  • Category: Media

Newspaper Archive Dishonest and didnt promise what they said they would when i decided to sign up for their services ripoff Cedar Rapids Iowa

Newspaperarchives.com gives you a free 14 day trial.

When I signed up for the service they never gave me my username and password.
I repeatedly emailed them asking for it and never received anything back. They charged a yearly subscription to my checking account for $143.00.

When I called several times and was hung up on by the customer service women. I was lied to a few different times when she claimed she couldn't pull up my information due to a power outage and she would call me back in an hour. I waited 4 hours for her to call back when i did call back she said they wouldn't refund my money and if i didn't want it should have logged into the website and canceled it before the 14 day trial was up.

I had to final a dispute through my bank to get my money back.

I just think its bad business for customers. So, if anyone goes to this site beware of the policy. I have no further use for the site.

Sheresse
chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2007 07:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Newspaper-Archive/Cedar-Rapids-Iowa-52404/Newspaper-Archive-Dishonest-and-didnt-promise-what-they-said-they-would-when-i-decided-to-240395. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Newspaper Archive