recommendations

• Updated: Wed, July 25, 2007

• Reported By:Toronto Ontario
Newspaper Archive
www.NewspaperArchive.com Nationwide U.S.A.

NewspaperArchive Ignored my cancellation of the free-trial, and bulled me for a full-year! ripoff Internet

I signed up for NewspaperArchive.com to help me with a University paper. It was a good service, and they offered a free 7-day trial (you give them your credit card and it is your responsibility to cancel it within seven days otherwise they will bill you for a whopping near $100 for a year membership)

I emailed them twice politely asking them to cancel my trial membership. The first e-mail I sent, I asked for a reply e-mail from them to confirm that it was cancelled. When I got no such confirmation e-mail for 3 days, I re-sent an email. They still didn't get back to me. I called them, got no answer, and left a message telling them to call me back because I want to cancel my account.

Lo and behold, they sent me an email confirming that I have been billed $94 for a year-membership. I replied to them with a not-as-polite e-mail saying I will not be paying this, I will be disputing this, etc.

They get back to me within 6 hours of sending that e-mail saying that they do not offer refunds. They can send me an email the same day about keeping my money, yet when it comes to canceling my account they just ignore all of the emails?

I filed a claim with Visa and showed them all documentation (my e-mails, how they do not respond to 'cancel' emails, only after they bill you) and Visa notified me about a month later saying they investigated and my money will be refunded in full.

Newspaper Archive: 0
Me: 1

I highly recommend finding a different Newspaper Archive company as there are many out there who will not offer such incompetent and greasy employees.

Matt
Toronto, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2007 06:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Newspaper-Archive/nationwide/NewspaperArchive-Ignored-my-cancellation-of-the-free-trial-and-bulled-me-for-a-full-year-263033. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Newspaper Archive