Complaint Review: NexGen Labs, USA

• Updated: Mon, September 10, 2007

• Reported By:Kimball South Dakota
NexGen Labs, USA
nexgenlabs.com Internet U.S.A.

Nexgenlabs.com NexGen Labs, USA Phenerthin "Free" Trial only 149.95 + 4.95 Internet

I read the terms and conditions for the free sample of Phenerthin that I received in an email. I guess I didn't go to the website to make sure that all of the links work.

I put in my credit card number to be charged S+H ($4.95) for a free 2-week trial. After the 2 week trial, I didn't receive another email or anything through the postal mail, saying that I had anything else to order. Three weeks later, I am charged $149.95 for the same product. I called the 800 number associated with the charge, and it is a third-party company that has no idea why they charged my account, but they did it anyway. The lady I talked to suggested that I go to the company's website (she did know the company's name and that was about it), to contact customer service. So, I did. I went to nexgenlabs.com, and it seemed like all the hyperlinks were "broken." None of them led anywhere, so there was no possibility of cancelling after the two week trial was up.

I contacted my bank, and that was almost a month ago. They told me I had to give the company 30 days to refund my money, and then after that, I would have to file a dispute again. I will also be contacting my bank about the overdraft fees this has caused my account. As a single mother of 3 small children, I live paycheck to paycheck. I don't have $150 extra to spend on diet pills that don't work anyway. I could've used that money for my children and I am extremely pissed off!!! Even a membership to a local gym, which I don't have time for, for 6 months is cheaper than 2 months of phenerthin. What is this company thinking? People cannot keep getting ripped off like this. I know life isn't fair, but when you're messing with lower income parents, who have to work just to make a living and don't have the time or energy to stay fit, it's just wrong.

I am still fighting this out with the company and my bank. I will update this report, if I have any changes. Who knows? Maybe if enough people complain, the BBB of Oklahoma or any other state will make this company pay for their mistake of taking advantage of people. Nexgenlabs, whoever you are, since nobody can get through to customer service, needs to be put out of business.

Bobbi Jo
Kimball, South Dakota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2007 12:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NexGen-Labs-USA/internet/Nexgenlabscom-NexGen-Labs-USA-Phenerthin-Free-Trial-only-14995-495-Internet-273556. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NexGen Labs, USA