Complaint Review: NexTech EMR & PM

• Updated: Wed, December 18, 2013

• Reported By: Terrible abuse of client trust — Hinsdale Illinois
NexTech EMR & PM
5550 W Executive Drive, Tampa, FL, Tampa, Florida USA

NexTech EMR & PM NexTech Systems Awful EMR program with no refund policy and forced annual fees Tampa Florida

After 10 years of using Nextech as a practice management program I decided to make the move and purchase the Ebilling and EMR programs a few months ago. I contacted my representative and had brief discussions with her regarding the EMR system and she assured me I was buying an "outstanding program with a simple integration process". Initially I was a bit skeptical, but after being offered various discounts, I decided to sign up and begin the journey into converting my plastic surgery practice to EMR.

WOW!!! What a terrible disappointment!!!

After only a few hours of training it became very evident that this EMR  program is not elegantly tailored in the least and requires days, if not weeks, of extra time to transform it into a useable program. I had no idea I would have to "create" my own EMR program!!! It became apparent that I simply did not have the time to do this and asked for a refund on the EMR portion.

The reply was a blunt "Our policy is that we DO NOT offer refunds!"  Unfortunately I was never informed of this policy and am now stuck with this awful, and costly, EMR program that I do not plan to use!

I had also paid $4000 in "training fees".. For what I'm not sure,  since the EMR representative was minimally helpful during our few hours of training!

BUT WAIT... the story gets better!

I finally came to terms with the $17k loss for this awful EMR program, but then received my annual "maintenance fee" invoice for $6000, which inlcuded $3000 for the standard practice management fee, which I was planning on continuing to use,  and another $3000 for the EMR maintenance fee.

I once again contacted my representative to remove the EMR fee as I was not using the EMR program only to find out that it is  "their policy to charge for all modules purchased regardless of use".

Unnbelievable!! Now I have an awful EMR  program I don't want and do not plan to use....AND I still have to pay fees for it every year??  You have got to be kidding me!!!

My only true recourse is to discontinue using Nextech completely and start with a new practice management company. This might be the road to take, despite the extra costs upfront and the losses I have incurred with Nextech. It's such a shame that this company has such terrible customer service. If it was really a great EMR program, they would offer refunds and stand behind their promises of client satisfaction! This is what other vendors that want to stay in business do! This is what I do for my patients! I find it so unbelievable that the owner off this company is a physician, a Dr Butty. No wonder he's no longer practicing medicine..

Then to trap their clients into ridiculous fees for services not rendered has got to be a crime and illegal!!!  My attorney is getting involved....

But to those reading this... BUYER BEWARE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2013 11:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NexTech-EMR-PM/Tampa-Florida-33609/NexTech-EMR-amp-PM-NexTech-Systems-Awful-EMR-program-with-no-refund-policy-and-forced-a-1107872. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NexTech EMR & PM