Complaint Review: Next Card Merrick Bank

• Submitted: Wed, October 13, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, October 13, 2004

• Reported By:Oxford Mississippi
Next Card Merrick Bank
PO Box 5000 Draper, Utah U.S.A.

Next Card Merrick Bank ripoff sold my account without my knowledge ruined my credit Draper Utah

In October of 2002, I closed my Next Card Account. I had never been ablet o use the account because it was a pre-paid account and I was having to build up my balance. I have been trying to buy a house and upon denial received my credit statement. Merrick Bank showed up on my credit and I had no idea who the account was. I wrote the credit agency back and told them that I had no knowledge of the account. The in turn wrote me back and said it was my account.

I just did a search on my internet to find the phone number and found your website and was shocked to see the numerous reports filed against this company. When I called Next Card they told me that my account has been turned over to collection and they then gave me the number. Enhance 800-617-0049. When I called that number I got a recording and had to leave a message. I have never called a collection agency where you had to leave a message.

I will be disputing this amount. I never even used the credit card account. They have my balance up to $709.00.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to resolve this, please let me know.

Thank you for your time.

Stephanie
Oxford, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2004 02:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Next-Card-Merrick-Bank/Draper-Utah-84020/Next-Card-Merrick-Bank-ripoff-sold-my-account-without-my-knowledge-ruined-my-credit-Draper-112813. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Next Card Merrick Bank