Complaint Review: NextCard - Credit Card Services

• Submitted: Mon, June 16, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, June 18, 2004

• Reported By:Eden Prairie Minnesota
NextCard - Credit Card Services
P.O. Box 922968 Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

NextCard - Card Member Services dishonest faudulant billing fraudulent ripoff business Norcross Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Next Card is violating many laws

I paid my account in full when I remortgaged my home in January 2003. In March 2003, I received a bill for $36. I figured the payment didn't make it in time so I paid the $36. Then in April I got another bill for $65.55. I called the Customer Service line and the woman told me she would take care of it, that it was their error. So I thought that would be the end of it. Then in May I received a bill for $31.00. They had credited me $35.55
but gave me another "Misc.Charge". I called again. This woman apologized and said she would zero out my balance. I thought that would be the end of it.

To my surpise, I got a letter from a Credit Collection Agency saying I defaulted on my payments and owe $91.00. Then the following day got my new bill from NextCard which showed a new balance of $91.00.

I tried calling today and they no longer give an option of talking to a representative. You must write a letter now. I checked their website and they don't have an email address anymore either.

I am so upset with this company. I have great credit and they are going to ruin it with their dishonest billing. I would be interested in doing a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT, it other would like to join me. They need to know they can't treat people like this.!!

Merily
Eden Prairie, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2003 07:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NextCard-Credit-Card-Services/Norcross-Georgia-30010-2968/NextCard-Card-Member-Services-dishonest-faudulant-billing-fraudulent-ripoff-business-Nor-60797. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NextCard - Credit Card Services

Next Card is violating many laws

AUTHOR: Donna - (U.S.A.)

There does need to be a class action suit. There are no live people, no website.. I have contacted www.ftc.gov. They have forms there - if they receive enough problem reporst related to one co. they will start an investigation.

I wrote a letter to Norcross Ga 50 days ago - no response. I to have impeccable credit - now I am being carged a late fee for the 1st time in my life. If a credit co. does not respond to your dispute under the law they have 30 days to do so..if not you are not suppose to be held responsible for the fee in dispute inc. finance charges up to $50.00. I got a # off this site to talk to a rep. - I asked if it was Next Card for I had a problem - He stated Yes, took my credit #, security etc. then said that he was a collection agency and I was being recorded.

I told him about the dispute he did not care, Credit collectors under law are suppose to document why you think you do not owe - he told me to write co, again -This is really a mess. We all need to band together Please also..attorneys are interested in cases like this and told me that if enough complaints were submitted, they may do a class action suit - I wrote the editor at ripoff report including all of this info and responses I r'cd from these org's.