Complaint Review: Nextcard - Merrick Bank

• Reported By:Chino Hills California
Nextcard - Merrick Bank
Nationwide U.S.A.

Nextcard - Merrick Bank Need Contacts Georgia Nationwide

I was never late in payments, nor had a bad entry on my credit report. I signed with Nextcard orginally because of a good interest rate. I was happy.

One day I find out that another company has taken over, my interest rate jumped from under 10% to well over 27% no explanation. My monthly payments went sky high, and there was no way I could afford them. I got behind. Harrassing phone calls ensued, including threats made to my in-laws, who then blasted me for having a debt. No way to explain to an arrogant father inlaw what was going on.. Its all my fault etc....

they threatened my inlaws with court action, legal proceedings.. I have no idea how they even got their phone number.

We then got a call from a collections agency (i think it was a collections agency) who offered to broke a deal for half of the full payment and matter closed. I did not have the cash at the time. I have the cash now, but the calls have stopped, I have no idea who to contact to pay off this debt. My credit is ruined. And after reading all the complaints I am now really scared.

Can anyone lead me in the right direction as to how I can contact someone to negotiate a payment in full.

Sheralee
Chino Hills, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2003 11:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nextcard-Merrick-Bank/nationwide/Nextcard-Merrick-Bank-Need-Contacts-Georgia-Nationwide-73461. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nextcard - Merrick Bank