Complaint Review: Nextcard Visa

• Submitted: Tue, August 27, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, August 27, 2002

• Reported By:West Hollywood CA
Nextcard Visa
PO BOX 60610 Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.
  • Phone: 888-974-2265
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Nextcard Platinum Visa is a deceptive rip-off; customer service witheld information that closing my account would increase my interest rate. Phoenix, Arizona

I have never been late on a payment for my Nextcard Platinum Visa. As a platinum customer,I received the benefit of a 9.9% interest rate, but was unaware of the consequences if I elected to close my account. After receiving poor customer service from a Nextcard representative in regards to a miscellaneous fee on my statement, I requested that my account be closed. The Nextcard representative made no attempt to keep a good paying customer, nor explained that by closing my account my interest rate would increase from 9.9% to 19.99%. I never heard of such a thing and have never been penalized for closing a Bank credit card in the past. I became aware of the interest rate increase on my following statement in November 2001.

I contacted customer service and they denied to reopen the account or lower my interest rate. To me this is a deceptive business practice when Nextcard's customer service representative doesn't even make an attempt to disclose the increase of interest rate or refer me to the terms & conditions of the account. Today I continue to pay my bill on time and feel as if I have been swindled by a fly by night bank.

West Hollywood, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2002 05:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nextcard-Visa/Phoenix-Arizona-85082-0610/Nextcard-Platinum-Visa-is-a-deceptive-rip-off-customer-service-witheld-information-that-c-28226. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nextcard Visa