Complaint Review: Nextcard Visa

• Submitted: Wed, August 11, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, August 11, 2004

• Reported By:Northlake Illinois
Nextcard Visa
Po Box 60610 Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Nextcard Visa rip-off! Phoenix Arizona

I am so glad that I found this website. I use to be a Nextcard cardholder. I paid my bills regularly and then all of a sudden I get a phone call at work stating that Nextcard went bankrupt and we "Bank of Omaha" want full payment. I went back in forth with these people and tried to arrange some sort of payment plan. They were extrmely RUDE and told me that my credit will be messed up and they are filing a Charge off.

I didn't hear from them nor have I recevied any letters or bills from them. Well recently almost a year later I started getting calls from a collection agency Attention LLC. They could not work with me and gave me the run around. They broke almost every FDCP Act. They continued calling me at work after I told them many times they could not contact me a work. They claim Nextcard, Bank of Omaha as well as themselves sent me letters at an address that I never lived at? To put in a few words this agency is worthless and I told I refuse to work with them. I told them to have someone at NextCard call me to resolve the matter. Again I have no documentation of what I owe, I have no phone numbers or addresses in which I can contact anyone.

I am very upset and would not recommend NEXTCARD to anyone. I can't get a hold of anyone to discuss this situtation. The only contact I have is with a collection agency which I refuse to do business with. I am really thinking about getting a lawyer involved. I thought I was the only dealing with these problems and found out today it's not just me. WE have to be able to do something about this harassment and unfair treatment. The collection agency will not even give out any mailing information or phone numbers to NextCard. It's not the consumers fault that NEXTCARD went bankrupt and I can't believe they can demand money in full and treat cardholders they way they have been.

Sabrina
Northlake, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2004 10:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nextcard-Visa/Phoenix-Arizona-85082/Nextcard-Visa-rip-off-Phoenix-Arizona-103143. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nextcard Visa