Complaint Review: Nextcard

• Submitted: Wed, May 09, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, July 02, 2007

• Reported By:Barnum Minnesota
Nextcard
Po Box 922968 Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

Nextcard Ripoff They are rude, obnoxious, & rip people off Norcross Georgia

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Any progress on the matter yet?

*Consumer Comment: Advise

*Consumer Comment: Advise

*Consumer Suggestion: That doesn't make sense...

I had account through Nectcard for a few years. I have been paying on my account even though they have changed hands how many times & my card is not useable any more. Any way, they keep charging me finance charges for cash advances etc, & I can't even use it. I have been paying it off. Obviously I haven't made any advances, purchases or or withdrawals in a few years.

I have been trying to talk to someone about this, but you can't get a live person on the phone, I haven't been able to get to their web page, & I mailed them a letter with no respose. They also don't have an e-mail address I am aware of.

I keep paying & paying extra, & it seems like my balance isn't getting hardly any smaller. I tried to transfer the balance to another credit card company & for some reason it kept getting cancelled. Both companies said they would allow the transfer but for some reason it wouldn't go through. I finally gave up trying to transfer it. I just can't seem to get rid of this account.

Lucy
Barnum, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2007 02:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nextcard/Norcross-Georgia-30010/Nextcard-Ripoff-They-are-rude-obnoxious-rip-people-off-Norcross-Georgia-247929. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nextcard

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Any progress on the matter yet?

AUTHOR: Melissa - (U.S.A.)

Hey Lucy,
I too, have been experiencing problems like you have with nextcard, I would like to know what you've done and if you've gotten any further with them.
Thanks
Melissa

Advise

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

I'd send them a request to close out the account with the exact amount due and request an itemization of charges. I will then pay $3 and send the letter via registered mail with return receipt.

Advise

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

#4 Consumer Suggestion

That doesn't make sense...

AUTHOR: Scot - (U.S.A.)

If you are trying to transfer the balance to another credit card, the issuer of the
other card should be able to handle it???

Best bet, send your next letter certified to the Norross location.

Good Luck