Complaint Review: Nextcard

• Submitted: Tue, August 10, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, August 10, 2004

• Reported By:Marietta Ohio
www.cardmemberservices.net Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

Nextcard - Card Member Services ripoff harrasment Although my account was closed, I still received late payment charges and interest fees. Norcross Georgia

I got my Nextcard account a few years ago. When the company "went out of business," I was informed that since they couldn't find a bank to buy my account, they would just close it.

Strangest thing happened then. Although my account was closed, I still received late payment charges and interest fees. I had never heard of this before.
And, I realize that they are allowed to call once a day according to the Fair Debt Collection Act, but since when are they allowed to call 15 times in one day and leave a message each time?

Marietta, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2004 09:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nextcard/Norcross-Georgia/Nextcard-Card-Member-Services-ripoff-harrasment-Although-my-account-was-closed-I-still-103074. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nextcard