Complaint Review: Nextcard

• Submitted: Wed, October 23, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, November 13, 2002

• Reported By:laurel md
Nextcard
po box 2538 Omaha, Nebraska U.S.A.

Nextcard deceptive, lied, no contract, Omaha, Phoenix, Norcross Nebraska, AZ, GA

*Consumer Comment: Nextcard/Merrick Bank-Now u pay to make pymts

I applied for a credit card from Nextcard based on a balance transfer. I was supposed to get 9.9% ongoing interest after 2 months and no late or missed payments it was jacked up to 18.99% after several complaints I was told tuff luck. Then a "late" payment and it was jacked to 23.99 % These people are crimminals and the government needs to shut them down. I now find out that they have been aquired by Merrick Bank and find many complaints about them. They were probably a set up company from the start. I have paid thousands in interest at this point! and I'm mad as Hell!!!!

Time for Congress to earn their paycheck!!

Don
Laurel, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2002 05:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nextcard/Omaha-Nebraska-68103/Nextcard-deceptive-lied-no-contract-Omaha-Phoenix-Norcross-Nebraska-AZ-GA-33200. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nextcard

Nextcard/Merrick Bank-Now u pay to make pymts

AUTHOR: Ariane - ()

I am unable to access the Nextcard website and when I got on Merrick Bank, I was told that I have to pay 9.95/month to make pymts on a new acct which they never sent me a card for. I closed my Nextcard acct after having to deal with the BS that they were putting me through. They raised my interest rate to 19.9% because their computer didn't record my electronic payment. This is total BS from an evidently fraudulent company.