Complaint Review: Nextcard

• Submitted: Thu, November 27, 2003
  • Updated: Sun, December 07, 2003

• Reported By:McAlester Oklahoma
Nextcard
P.o. Box 52230 Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Nextcard Account closed , overpaid account & now can not get Nextcard to refund money - No Customer Service Representatives Phoenix Arizona

*Author of original report: credit card company changed their address, mine has been the same for 14 years. I am not the one at fault

*Consumer Suggestion: Merrick Bank purchased a segment of the NextCard portfolio before it closed.

My account was closed to future purchases by the credit card company. I paid off the account. I accidentally overpaid the account and cannot get them to refund the amount overpaid.

I have sent numerous letters over the last 8 months to no avail, they still have my money. I cannot reach a "human" it is all automated. Now when I put in my credit card # it tells me it is not a valid credit card #. I cannot access my account through the website anymore. So I guess they think they can keep it.

I have considered contacting an attorney to see if they can collect the money. But, that will create attorney fees that I cannot afford. It is like this credit card company never existed.
It is like they have dropped off the face of the earth.

If I had underpaid the account. I know they would be contacting /hounding me to pay the remaining balance.

The thing that really gets me is I paid this account every month on time and was never late. I even paid finance charges. (Wonder if I can charge them finance charges & lates fees this is going on 9 months overdue).

I would like to know if this has happened to anyone else & if by some chance their is a pending litigation filed against this company. If so I would like to join in and get my refund (maybe a little extra for all my trouble).

JM
McAlester, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2003 02:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nextcard/Phoenix-Arizona-85072/Nextcard-Account-closed-overpaid-account-now-can-not-get-Nextcard-to-refund-money--73274. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nextcard

AUTHOR: Junel - (U.S.A.)

To Scot

The credit card company changed their address, mine has been the same for 14 years. I am not the one at fault here. The credit card Company is. I have sent 3 requests for payment of refund to 4 different addresses this company has. The only ones not returned to sender were the addresses listed on my billing statements. They have not acknowledged any of my letters. So if you have a "GOOD ADDRESS" on this company, share it with those of us who do not.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Merrick Bank purchased a segment of the NextCard portfolio before it closed.

AUTHOR: Scot - (U.S.A.)

You are referencing an old address.

Did you move or change your address from the time you opened the account? If you never updated your mailing address on the computer... they system of record shows a bad address.

Merrick Bank purchased a segment of the NextCard portfolio before it closed. The balance of the portfolio is being serviced in Norcross Georgia.

It might be beneficial to send a letter to both locations, including your old account number and
your current and previous address (if applicable). I'm sure they'll refund your money.