Complaint Review: Nextel Partners

• Updated: Mon, July 14, 2008

• Reported By:Lebanon Pennsylvania
Nextel Partners
nextel.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Nextel Partner - Sprint Ripoff charges extra month or early termination fee Nationwide

*Consumer Suggestion: Happened to me too

I went to cancel our 48 month agreement with Nextel and they said that I have to pay until June 18 instead of the agreed May 21 (contract ending date). They told me that my billing cycle ends on the 18th of the month. So I asked if I would have called the 18th to cancel what would have happened? They said I would have been charged the $200.00 early termination fee. I asked next if I would have called the 19, 20, or 21st? I would have to pay until June 18th. So explain to me how its a 48 month agreement when you get suckered into paying a 49th month or a $200.00 early termination fee????????

I asked for them to take care of the last month considering the phone hasnt even been used in over a year. They told me there is nothing that they can do and that it is in my contract.

Never buy from Nextel or any affiliating company!!! LIES ALL LIES!!! "Nextel where our customers come first" HAHA thats a good one. More like "Nextel where we dont give a lick about our customers".

Jennifer
Lebanon, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2007 11:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nextel-Partners/nationwide/Nextel-Partner-Sprint-Ripoff-charges-extra-month-or-early-termination-fee-Nationwide-252727. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nextel Partners

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Happened to me too

AUTHOR: Naomiowins - (U.S.A.)

I know how bad you wanted to leave sprint, but just be patient. Once your gone from them your Free!!

Well not exactly, it will probably take like 3 or 4 months after your contract is over to be free.

It's a good thing that you atleast called because if you don't call they don't automatically cancel your accounty they will then turn it into a month by month billing cycle.