Complaint Review: Nextel

• Submitted: Thu, December 27, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, December 27, 2007

• Reported By:Lexington Kentucky
Nextel Nicholasville Rd Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.

Nextel nextel is a step child and sprint is the good child Lexington Kentucky

I have a good plan with nextel and as long as i keep my service i can keep my plan. Sprint who says they are the same company cannot honor my rate plan. I have a blackberry with all keyboard buttons on it and like it. it is about 4 year old tech. Sprint is updating their blackberries all the time and at a recent count had 6 new improved phones. Nextel is closing out the blackberry line and more than one person has told me that sprint is not updating the nextel line so that they can move us into the sprint line. which they say wont hurt anything even though it will cost me about 1,800 more per year. one lady told me that if i could not afford it maybe i should not talk so much. although they say they cant afford to merge the two techs of each service so i guess from talking with them they are going to make us merge instead of them. I contacted the FCC and i have to do some long form to file something. my understanding when the FCC agreed to the merger that the customers would not get hurt in the process. I guess to some people $1,800.00 dont hurt but to me it will bad.

Thomas d
Lexington, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2007 09:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nextel/Lexington-Kentucky-40503/Nextel-nextel-is-a-step-child-and-sprint-is-the-good-child-Lexington-Kentucky-295027. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nextel