Complaint Review: Nextel

• Submitted: Wed, February 25, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, February 25, 2009

• Reported By:Fort Walton Beach Florida
Nextel
PO Box 8077 London, Kentucky U.S.A.

Nextel I signed up for Natl Superconnected 500+500 in Oct. 2006. My bill has been outrageous since Oct. 2008. I am told that my plan was only good for 2 years. First I heard of the 2 yr limit. I ask for proof, they could not give it to me in print. London Kentucky

I noticed my bills have been large since Oct. 2008. I blamed my dauhter for calling me too often so she stopped. My bills have consistently been about $179 per month when they were previously less than $60 per month. Oct. 2006 I signed up for the Natl Superconnected 500+500. I understood that I would get an additional 500 minutes per month with this plan for a total of 1000. All was good until Oct. 2008. I just figured out what was wrong when I saw my Feb. 2009 bill. No way it should have been over the limit. I called and was told that I only had the + 500 for 2 years. As I explained to the customer service rep, Brie, this was the first I've heard of this. I asked for proof of the 2 year limit, asked for an email showing me the stipulations on my contract that I agreed to. She could not provide the documents. I have been overcharged by $85 to $125 per month for 5 months now.
As I explained to Brie, they can't just "say" it was only for 2 years, they have to have it in print. If they don't have it doucmented then they owe me a few hundred dollars and my plan needs to be restored to what it was.
When I sign in to my account online it still says Natl Superconnected 500+500, my bill still says it too.
I want my money back!!!

Susan
Fort Walton Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2009 07:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nextel/London-Kentucky-40742/Nextel-I-signed-up-for-Natl-Superconnected-500500-in-Oct-2006-My-bill-has-been-outrageo-428530. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nextel