Complaint Review: Nextel

• Reported By:Waldorf Maryland
Nextel
nextel.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Nextel - Sprint Won't Cancel contract Illinois

Today I called Nextel to cancel my contract and was told by a numerous reps that I could not do so. I am not disputing the termination fee, I'm willing to pay it so that I may get out of this contract. I no longer want them as a cell phone company.

I have already switched my carriers and had my phone number switched to the new carrier but nextel refuses to cancel my contract. I thought that when you switch your phone number to another company, you are cancelled by the original company automatically? If not, I still called them and requested that my service be removed.

They told me that the early termination fee would have to be paid 1st before they would cancel my contract (I have 2 phones, so that would be $400). So this means in the meantime I will continue to get charged a monthly bill. I don't think this is right and wonder what I could do about this?

yayi98
Waldorf, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2007 04:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nextel/nationwide/Nextel-Sprint-Wont-Cancel-contract-Illinois-273361. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nextel