Complaint Review: Nextel

• Submitted: Wed, August 18, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, August 20, 2004

• Reported By:Turlock California
Nextel
2001 Edmund Halley Drive Reston, VA Nationwide U.S.A.

Nextel rip-off! Reston Virginia

*Author of original report: Advise please

*UPDATE Employee: The Big Bill You Got

Well... I don't where to start from. I have had Nextel for more than 2 years. I moved from Oklahoma to California in January of this year. I called Nextel and told them to change my address to my new address. But they never changed it. I knew my average bill so I was paying them every month by calling or online.

Then, I changed my plan in May of this year from 149.99 unlimited to 99.99 unlimited. and I also made the request again for not getting my monthly statement. When I called the customer service for the change of plan, I asked him what I am going to get in plan? In other words what will be covered, He explained me everything thing will be same like the plan I had before. I knew that something is not right so I called them again after couple day to make sure about the plan. I asked the rep if there is any charge for long distance or anything but response was NO. She told me that it's the unlimited plan.

So, everything was going okay until today August 18 2004, when my phone got disconnected I called them and asked what happened why my phone got disconnected ? The answer was "Over due bill of $1600 some dollars" I was like shocked. I was then transferred to customer service they told me that it is because the LONG DISTANCE I didn't have on plan. So told them what happened and they give me credit for $700 some dollars.

Now the problem is I still owe then $950 for the LONG DISTANCE because they can't go back more than 90 days. I told them that I never got any of statement after January of 2004 even after making couple of requests they didn't change my address, but I was paying average bill on the phone or online, If I would have getting the statement then I could have called them earlier since I was not getting any statement there is no way for me to know what is going with my phone bill, Until today when my phone got disconnected and I called them and found out about the $ 1600.

I talked to Supervisor over there but no help. I don't want to pay for the their negligence. So there anyone can tell me what I should I do. I would appreciate your help.

Varinder
Turlock, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2004 09:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nextel/nationwide/Nextel-rip-off-Reston-Virginia-104223. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nextel

Advise please

AUTHOR: Variender - (U.S.A.)

I just want to let you know that I was paying online from my bank accounts not from nextel.com and when I was paying on the phone the bill was not high. The bill was high for the month of june and July. I never had problem before. and I knew this when my phone got disconnected. Now they put it in the investigation so should I call them back to check the status on there on just wait for them to get back.
Advise please

thanks

The Big Bill You Got

AUTHOR: Ben - (U.S.A.)

I am an Employee at Nextel Fianace, yep, the peopel you call to yell at when your accnt was suspend.

The 149.99 unlimited plan is what we used to have before that was change to 199.99 know. The 99.99 is still there and LNG distance charge are not included. You must pay for long distance charge.

Basically since you where mis informed by rep and since they credited your accnt for 700. In order to get the other months credit, you must call Nextel Finance and tell them to log a dispute under Rate Plan Error. ANd tell them what happen.

The dispute dept will look into it and you might end up getting a credit.

Answer from my side is that, its customer responsibility in regards to your bill, you have to check your bill no matter what, if you didnt get a statement for 4 months you can go online and check it.

Oh Another thing is that, Since You says " I'll pay my bill online or over the phone ".. Well if you make your payment ONLINE with NEXTEL.COM, how can you miss your bill ????? It says your statment and charges right on the front.

If you ask me, your kinda in the fault, read your contract, it says you are responsbile for all charges, means that you must pay attention.

Call customer Fiance, and if your accnt is still susp, and cant pay all... Have them make a Payment arrangement and see if you can pay 50% of the bill, they will do that for you.