Complaint Review: Nextel/Sprint

• Reported By:Raceland Louisiana
Nextel/Sprint
www.nextel.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Nextel/Sprint Nextel Disconnect Fee Houma United States

I have had Nextel for somewhere between 6 to 8 years and most recently cancelled my phon plan only to find out they had me under a contract which had a year left and now they want a $200.00 cancelation fee. I have never been late on a single bill and don't use all minets allowed. Through the years I have had different problems like with any cell phone, but I have never been one to complain, but Approx a year ago I was in school for my company and Ray with Nextel was trying to get me to accept a new phone which would have put me into a two year contract, but after weeks of not receiving the phone promised and talking with Ray over and over I told him to cancel the whole thing, and I end up recieving a different phone in the mail.

I called an activated this phone, which they say locked me into the contract which I was not told this would do. I should have known this and this part is my fault, but this phone never worked as good and the Radio portion is very hard to understand anyone on. They claim this was a better phone but I believe it to be a cheaper used phone. The scatches on the phone tells me it was a used phone.

I do not believe I should have to pay the disconnect fee, and I will fight this fee. I have sent my payment for my final bill, but did not send the $200.00 cancellation fee. I would not say that I would not try Nextel again in the future, but I will blackball them if I end up having to pay this Fee.

James
Raceland, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2008 04:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NextelSprint/nationwide/NextelSprint-Nextel-Disconnect-Fee-Houma-United-States-376586. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nextel/Sprint