Complaint Review: Nexus Financial, Rick Allen

• Updated: Thu, January 05, 2012

• Reported By: jilted — Orting Washington United States of America
Nexus Financial, Rick Allen
5010 W Carmen st. Tampa, Florida United States of America

Nexus Financial, Rick Allen Ryan Duncan President Filed for a grant and contacted Nexus Financial Tampa, Florida

*General Comment: scammed

*Author of original report: Good news sort of :(

*General Comment: scammed also

I filed for a grant on Grants.com and was contacted by a Krishna Williams, she told me that I needed file nine page grant proposal and that she would send me information on a Certified Grant Writting Comany Nexus Finacial Rick Allen contacted me after we had played phone tag for a few days.

Rick and I had talked for a while about the process of going into writting the grant proposal even going the distance of tell ing me that the grant I was in line for was not there for long, I did not really have the money to send so I waited a week calling Rick back and he told me that I was going to recieve a smaller grant because I waited a week. We talked for about 45 min. gave me a walk through of what the government needed in return for the grant, a paper trail and every cent accounted for, being the government I thaught it was legitimait.

I was told to send a casshiers check for 490 dollars to Nexus Finacial c/o a Candy Benson in Miami Fl. and was told that I was to call Rick Allen when I sent the money off and did he told me that I would recieve some information between 12/5 thru 12/9/2011 and that I would need to proof read or that kind of thing.

I put things out of my mind until I realized it was the 12 of this month and had not recieved any information so I called and called on answer on any extention. I called the Assiciation of Certified Grant Writers and they say they have never heard of a Candy Benson for the reason that she is not with there company or she does not excist. I have filed a police report and do not know if I will hear any thing soon just that things are in the works.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2011 12:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nexus-Financial-Rick-Allen/Tampa-Florida-33609/Nexus-Financial-Rick-Allen-Ryan-Duncan-President-Filed-for-a-grant-and-contacted-Nexus-Fi-810323. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nexus Financial, Rick Allen

#1 General Comment

scammed

AUTHOR: tameika - (United States of America)

Has anyone had any success with stopping the payment on the cashiers check?

Good news sort of :(

AUTHOR: jilted - (United States of America)

Jilted here, I did recieve some news about nexus financial, it is a real company and they do grant writing for numerous people but the thing is some body is using their company name for the purpose of getting money from people. The thing is that these people use a company name for a while and then move on when things get to warm for them. But I do know the real Nexus Financial is compiling information for a law suit.

#3 General Comment

scammed also

AUTHOR: tameika - (United States of America)

My husband and I just opened a business and went through the same thing with Rick Allen. We mailed the cashiers check and never heard from him. The problem I have is my husband misplaced the receipt for the cashiers check and the bank is unable to pull it up in the system to see if it was cashed. I hope someone find out who it is