Here goes. I live in NF, NY. I live with my boyfriend and our children, and he has a child who lives outside of the home. Now since for every my boyfriend has been jumping through hoops just to satisfy the courts to prove that he is the better parent. They unfortunately will not listen.
Now the reason my boyfriends child needs to come live with us is because he is being severely neglected and abused at home. When the child comes to our home he is always amazed that it is clean, we have food, he has a bed to sleep in, and that he has his very own CLEAN clothing to wear. Now the abuse starts with this:
1. child is forced to sleep in a bed with his mother and his grown uncle.
2. child has repeatedly told us that when he's at home with his mother he is always getting injured by his teenage sister (child is only 6 yrs old), and mother yells at him for the fights.
3. child has no food at mother's house and that there is black and grey stuff all over the stuff that is in the fridge, the stove doesn't work, and the only time he can eat is when he is with his father, or at the sitters home.
4. child cannot sleep in his own bed because the animals in the house are using it for their bathroom.
5. child never has clean clothing for school when at his MOTHERS residence he has to get clothing out of the dirty clothing hamper.
6. child has/had scratches, scars, bruises (face, back, chest, ect.) and is consistently dirty.
7. child doesn't bathe when at home with mother because there are no toiletrys for him to care for himself.
8. child cannot brush teeth becasue mother refuses to buy these things she thinks they are a waste of money.
9. child is repeatedly left home alone while mother goes out.
10. child states that the home is a mess and smells bad because mother will not clean.
Now the importance of wanting to know why this is still going on is because the mother has several cases of neglect/abuse charges against her. The state always talks with her and never the children. Why is this? The child has made it very clear that he would like to live with his father because he's happy with father, and is sad to go home. The child doesn't want to be with the mother anymore because he doesn't feel safe. The sad part of all of this is that the daycare provider is a mandated reporter, and so is the school the child attends. They have all seen the bruises on the childs face and yet they still do nothing. She always tells them that she's a single mother doing her best. What they don't know and don't investigate is the fact that she's a drunk and a coke junkie. She's out partying all of the time and has no respect for her children.
I am trying to get information on how this very good father can get his child to come live with him. If anyone has information on how to do this please let me know. This child is actually living in very poor living conditions and his health/life is at risk.
Niagara falls, New York