Complaint Review: Niagara Falls Fire Department Jim Jessop

• Updated: Thu, April 26, 2012

• Reported By:St. Catharines Ontario
Niagara Falls Fire Department Jim Jessop
Morrison Street Niagara Falls Ontario Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada

Niagara Falls Fire Department Jim Jessop Bribery and Corruption Niagara Falls Ontario

*General Comment: Steve

FIRE INSPECTION SCAM:

I am a landlord in Niagara Falls. I have several rental properties. I have owned these properties for 8 years and have worked extremely hard to improve them and the location.
My properties have become extremely valuable as they are located on Main Street close to the new Casino. I have been continually pressured and squeezed to sell my properties to individuals working for the cityhall.
I have refused to do so because the price was ridiculously low.
Since not selling I have been approached by Jim Jessop a Fire inspector and now assistant fire chief of Niagara Falls, to suggest I sell my properties or face prosecution.
I was directly asked for a $5000.00 bribe from Jim Jessop, which I refused, and since that day I have received nothing but bogus fire department charges.
To name a few. 1) a $10,000.00 fine for not having a battery in a fire alarm, because it was removed from Jim Jessop the inspector.
2) 20 seperate fire code charges that were all drummed up to get me to sell and caused by Jessop
I was told by the fire inspector that if I did not sell my proprties, I would be put in jail.
Jim Jessop has directly entered into buildings and removed fire alarms and extinguishers to effect fire code violations.
I have asked the Fire Chief and the mayor of Niagara Falls to have another inspector for our properties but have been refused. I have taken it to the mayor and am getting a dead ear. I have put it in writing and registered mail, asked to speak before council etc etc.
I have spoken with many other landlords and they have also encountered the Jim Jessop shake down.
HOW IS THIS CORRUPT INDIVIDUAL ALLOWED TO KEEP HIS JOB??????????
Now Mr.Jessop has kicked out all the tenants of this building on a bogus threat to life order, and is trying to squeeze the sale once again.
He has committed perjury,fraud, signed false affidavits, asked for bribes.
Lied to court, and still continues to do this with other landlords which have valuable property.

IF YOU ARE THINKING OF INVESTING OR STARTING A BUSINESS IN NIAGARA FALLS< LOOK ELSEWHERE AS THE CORRUPTION IS SO THICK IN NIAGARA FALLS FIRE DEPARTMENT, YOU MIGHT AS WELL HAVE THEM AS A PARTNER.

Steve
St. Catharines, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2008 11:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Niagara-Falls-Fire-Department-Jim-Jessop/Niagara-Falls-Ontario/Niagara-Falls-Fire-Department-Jim-Jessop-Bribery-and-Corruption-Niagara-Falls-Ontario-388797. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Niagara Falls Fire Department Jim Jessop

#1 General Comment