Complaint Review: Nicholas Johnson

• Updated: Fri, May 13, 2011

• Reported By: Barron Maestro — Tampa Florida USA
Nicholas Johnson
1340 US Hwy 19, Port Richey, Florida United States of America

Nicholas Johnson Nicko Johnson, Nicko Johnson offers low priced auto body repair, but does very shoddy work with poor quality paint. Port Richey, Florida

Nicholas Johnson, aka Nicko, operates a mobile auto body repair business out of Port Richey, Florida, or so he says.  This devil Johnson cut me off as I was driving down the road in North Tampa, Florida.  He said he could repair my car which had been in a minor accident.  I had just gotten an estimate and he said he could fix it for about 65% less cost than the legitimate body repair place.  He said he had done body repair work since he was a young man.  Nicko is 30-35 years old now, about 5' 10", 250 pounds and has semi-dark olive skin.

Nicko Johnson had his entire family in his car (wife and 2 small daughters) so I felt somewhat sorry for him.  Johnson was very persuasive and worked on my vehicle for about an hour pounding out the dents and using bondo which he explained contained fiberglass.  I paid him $250 via check and he said he would return to finish sanding and painting.

The next day Johnson returned to my residence at the agreed upon time and continued to work diligently for about 2 hours.  Of course, Nicko said the paint was more expensive than he thought, but he would split the $90 expense with me.

Again Nicko had his entire family in his vehicle drawing my sympathy yet again.  I even asked if he was homeless to which he replied "no, his family would come with him once in awhile and he would take them to Chuck E. Cheese after he was done."

Nicko sanded and spray painted the car in my enclosed garage.  He then applied a white wax which made it impossible to see what was done.  He instructed me to wash off the wax in 24 hours.  I paid him $295 while feeling very uneasy about the entire transaction.

The next day (today) I washed off the wax and my gray car is purple where Nicko, the devilish b*****d, painted it.  The bondo is quite visible where he worked on it.  It is an absolutely horrible amateurish job.  I will have to take it to another place to fix his hatchet job.

I had horrible luck running into this fiend as it was the first day I had driven the vehicle since the accident.  I thought God was helping by sending an angel to my aid, but Nicko was the devil; Satan's servant.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2011 10:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nicholas-Johnson/Port-Richey-Florida-/Nicholas-Johnson-Nicko-Johnson-Nicko-Johnson-offers-low-priced-auto-body-repair-but-does-728758. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nicholas Johnson