poetic

• Updated: Sat, January 19, 2013

• Reported By: Jason — Freehold Nationwide United States of America
Nicholas Romano
58 Bridalmere Ct. Unit 3 Freehold, New Jersey United States of America

Nicholas Romano Fraudster and Scammer Stole Goods from our Company and shipped back Empty BOX Freehold, New Jersey

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Libel Statement XoticPC

This consumer purchased $3,000 worth of goods from our company and returned it with NOTHING in the box.   This consumer is fraudster and his intent was to steal the goods.    BEWARE if you are dealing with this person!     At your own risk!!!

Nicholas Romano
58 Bridalmere Ct. Unit # 3
Freehold, NJ 07728

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2012 11:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nicholas-Romano/Freehold-New-Jersey-07728/Nicholas-Romano-Fraudster-and-Scammer-Stole-Goods-from-our-Company-and-shipped-back-Emp-864816. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nicholas Romano

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Libel Statement XoticPC

AUTHOR: RomanoN - (United States of America)

This is a reckless "report" and an excellent example of violating Libel law.  Justin Nolte of XoticPC has made fraudulent statements about me on a consumer website meant to report Businesses.  I am an individual consumer who was the victim of this company.  This shows up as the first result in numerous Google and Bing searches when seeking information about myself or my property.  Its sole intentional is to cause me harm and discredit my reputation which is in great standing otherwise.  This character and his cronies have harassed mefor over a year now and this will be used as evidence in a Court of law to make it cease once and for all.

FACTS:

I received a defective computer from XoticPC which is based in Nebraska.  They first shipped it without a power adapter so I was unable to even power it up. After that was resolved, I discovered it was a defective unit and I attempted to obtain an RMA.  I was given the runaround and an explanation that  the individual in charge of RMAs was not familiar with the return process.  (I later discovered that he was employed with XoticPC for several years)  They delayed the process to the point that it would allow the "No Questions Asked" guarantee deadline to expire.

I had to put continuous pressure on XoticPC to provide me with the RMA authorization.  I finally contacted them an entire week after waiting and receiving excuses for the delay and demanded they give me authorization.  Once I finally received the RMA, I returned the defective laptop via UPS immediately, in the same box used to ship the laptop.

It was picked up by UPS and shipped back to Nebraska. I provided XoticPC with the tracking number but received numerous obnoxious emails stating it was not showing up on the UPS website. I contacted UPS and was assured that it was at the Sorting Facility and would be weighed and scanned into the system once it departed.  I forwarded this information to XoticPC who was still unhappy with the matter until it finally showed up a few days later when it arrived in NE.

I received a call from a UPS Security member who I later discovered was not and was informed that the package arrived damaged.  After a few minutes she told me the package was missing the laptop.  I immediately went to my local Police Department and filed a complaint.  I then contacted the real UPS Security and was connected with the Manager at the local Sorting Facility.  He informed me that the package was weighed prior to leaving the facility and that if the contents were removed, they were removed after leaving the State of New Jersey.  I filed a complaint with UPS for the lost merchandise, who conducted its own internal investigation and they accepted FULL Responsibility.  I also won a chargeback with my credit card company with the evidence they found while conducting their investigation.

You would think it was over and resolved, but it wasnt.  XoticPCs owner, Justin Nolte, had an attorney friend of his send me collection demands. They then attempted to negotiate a settlement with me even though I disputed the attempt.  The attorney and Nolte both violated FDCPA 15 USC 1692 in communications AND in filing a lawsuit against me in the State of Nebraska, knowing full well that this was the wrong venue, receiving a Default Judgment and harassing me ever since.

CONCLUSION:

They were clearly angry with me for wanting to return such an expensive custom built computer and tried to first prevent the return, followed by using bullying and harassment tactics that culminated in them violating several laws and ultimately lost the dispute. UPS took full responsibility for the loss of the laptop after a thorough investigation and due the the package not being insured, XoticPC suffered a financial loss. This report is there retaliation and now its my turn to return the favor by filing charges against them for these slanderous statements.