Complaint Review: Nickelbids.com

• Updated: Mon, December 21, 2009

• Reported By: Atl Labs — Mexico Alabama United States of America
Nickelbids.com
Sherman Oaks, California United States of America

Nickelbids.com Hovanes Pogosyan, hpogosyan@me.com Hovanes Pogosyan, Nickelbids.com Sherman Oaks, California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This developer has bad work ethic

Hovanes Pogosyan, hpogosyan@me.com (nickelbids.com) posted a project on getafreelancer.com and i have bid on it. He is interested to work with me. He diposit the payment and i have started the work. I have already told him that i will do this work in night only because i am working for some other company in day time. He agree and i have start working. When i see that the data is over 300 Mb and i need to download it and set it up to new server.. os i have told him that it takes some time and he says ok and i am sending him regular emails that the data is too much and it takes some time to download. He says ok and then after some time he raised a dispute on paypal and i have refunded full amount.

He still changing the files and i have told him to stop these change. but no.... he never listen to me.....

He cheated me and get his amount back by raising dispute on paypal.....

All of you please be aware....

Atl Labs

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2009 10:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nickelbidscom/Sherman-Oaks-California-/Nickelbidscom-Hovanes-Pogosyan-hpogosyanmecom-Hovanes-Pogosyan-Nickelbidscom-Sherman-525756. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nickelbids.com

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This developer has bad work ethic

AUTHOR: Nickelbids - (United States of America)

Project was started with this developer on October 28th, 2009. At that point he downloaded our software which is roughly about 200 mb uncompressed. If you compress the file through SSH and download it is about 40-50 MB. This developer had no idea how to access the server via SSH. Claimed that downloaded takes too long. So I decided that I will copy the files over to my destination, remove all .svn files and folders which should save about 80-100 mb in general if it is uncompressed. I then compressed the files ino one archive for him to easily download. Once again he had no idea how to download it. I am merely a webmaster and I knew how to do all of these functions. While the "developer stated that he was still downloading. Honestly, I believe he was simply trying to steal my code. I contacted him asking what is the status on the development on November 12th. He stated that he is still DOWNLOADING. From October 28th to November 12th he claimed he is still downloading the files for 16 whole days! If you divide 300 MB (which should be 200MB + TCP Overhead) he was downloading 18.75 megabytes per day! Which is .22 KB per minute. I don't know about you guys, but If you have an internet connection that slow. You should NOT be on the internet at all. Especially since my files were hosted on a CDN. I contacted him again on November 13th asking for some kind of status, he did not answer. I filed a PayPal dispute 5 days later to put the funds on hold, but PayPal immediately gave the claim in my favor possibly due to his work ethic and his prior PayPal claim history. A very good quote to be used in this situation would be, "If you think it is expensive to hire a professional to do the job, hire an amateur" I have now employed a full-time developer from the United States with the proper credentials. You get what you pay for.