Complaint Review: Nicole Newhook & Michael Marsman

54 Tarington place Calgary, Alberta Canada
  • Phone: 403-714-6179
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

Nicole Newhook & Michael Marsman Scammers rental property illigal suite unethical manipulating liar fraud harassing assult cheat crook deceiver double-crosser repulsive unhygienic cruelty and animal abuse Calgary, Alberta Canada

Last summer, 2010, my boyfriend and I were looking for a quick place to live. Finding a deal on kijiji.com we took a chance on a basement suite that sounded too good to be true. Well it definitely was. When first speaking with Nicole on the phone about coming to see the place and making future plans she was very abrupt in a 'take it or leave it' type of manner. When we went to look at the place, we went through the front door to look at the suite instead of through the back, which would be our regular entrance.

The place was dingy and smelled like cat pee, well below our standards, but we took it knowing we would have to come back to the city for appointments etc. from time to time and it would be easier to have our belongings available to us instead of in storage and staying with friends or family.

Giving them a $300 deposit, and receiving a receipt stating 'for storage of belongings' I just figured she left out the part about us coming back mid month because it wasn't important to her. [continued below]....
..... Now we know why she left it out..

August 20th was the day we 'moved' in. We entered through the back of the house only to find dog feces and urine literally coming down over our heads from their deck directly above the entrance to the suite. Next to a rotting corpse, its the worst smell you will ever smell in your life... see the attached pictures. I asked her if they were going to be cleaning it up and she said she would be bleaching it and that she knew it was gross. At that point we had no choice but to finish moving our stuff in because after all we had paid for it to be there, stayed the night then packed up and left for approximately three weeks.

Upon our return as promised, I texted her saying she needed to clean it up and she replied saying she would have Mike clean it later and that we need to talk. That was on August 12th, right before everything went downhill.

She turned into a complete psycho, yelling at my boyfriend over the phone at the top of her lungs claiming we needed to pay her another 300 dollars to stay the few days we told her we would be staying for. Of course she denied ever having any knowledge of us coming back until September 1st and threatened us to pay her another 300 or she would issue us an eviction notice. Had I known this was all a scam I would have fought back harder but it was hardly worth it since you couldn't have paid me to stay in a place so disgusting. Since we never signed an official rental agreement she was able to screw us over and threaten us with a 24 hour eviction.

Just knowing that she has done similar things like this to other people has prompted me to write up this story. Just like the other one, the cops were called on two occasions and they knew Michael Marsman by name. They were also repulsed by the smell at the entrance way downstairs and wouldnt stand there while they talked to us. Of course Michael had cleaned it up just before the police got there, but, like I said you will see the pictures. Upon doing more research we learned that it is an illegal suite and after reporting it, they can expect a surprise visit from the building approval agency at anytime to make sure nobody is living in it now.

Basically I wanted to get the message out there, people be careful of people that seem suspicious. My boyfriend had a bad feeling about it from the start, and when you feel that way about a person or an opportunity that seems too good to be true it most likely is! They also have dogs, clearly by the description I've given about the conditions of the house, which are mis-treated and neglected. Even the night we stayed there I could hear her yelling at the female, which was pregnant at the time. The dogs were never in the backyard, only on the tiny deck where they ate, drank, and used it at their personal outhouse... then walked back inside. EW. The behaviour of these two people was outrageous, I know, from staying there that night, that there is ALSO drug use going on in that house, we could smell it all night and the day after so maybe that's why they continue with these scams?

I'm not going to go too much into the character of these people but I hope that nobody has to encounter them in their lifetimes.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2011 07:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nicole-Newhook-Michael-Marsman/Calgary-Alberta-T3J-4X4/Nicole-Newhook-Michael-Marsman-Scammers-rental-property-illigal-suite-unethical-manipul-700073. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nicole Newhook & Michael Marsman