Complaint Review: Nicor Advanced Energy

• Updated: Mon, March 03, 2014

• Reported By: Mr. Tatterscratch — Elgin Illinois
Nicor Advanced Energy
PO Box 3042 Naperville, Illinois USA

Nicor Advanced Energy THIS COMPANY CHARGED ME $1.34 PER THERM! Nearly DOUBLE Last Month's Cost! $863.11! Naperville Illinois

I've seen a lot of greed and shady dealing, but THIS takes the cake!

I've been with Nicor Advanced Energy for several years, and I expect higher gas bills in winter. I've previously has bills as high as $500.00 to heat my place, which is big with high ceilings. But the bill I got this month is absolutely beyond the pale!

My gas bill last month was $466.01 for usage of 481.44 therms. Cost per them was a fiarly steep 78 cents per therm. High, but I can handle it...

But THEN...

THIS month - Usage of 565.08 therms. Not much higher, but it's been cold, right? I was charged $863.11, AT A RATE OF $1.34 PER THERM!!! Yep, you heard that right.

Of course I called and asked WTF?!? to which they replied that I am apparently on their "Flex Plan", which uses some byzantine computation to figure my total, resulting in this OUTRAGEOUS and SUDDEN cost hike! I was COMPLETELY blindsided by this...

The customer service rep tried to put the blame on me, of course, but I told him that there's such a thing as fair practice and that I was gone.

You've been warned, kids.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2014 12:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nicor-Advanced-Energy/Naperville-Illinois-60566/Nicor-Advanced-Energy-THIS-COMPANY-CHARGED-ME-134-PER-THERM-Nearly-DOUBLE-Last-Months-1127889. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nicor Advanced Energy