Complaint Review: Nicor Advanced Energy

• Updated: Mon, March 10, 2014

• Reported By: Mr. Chen — Naperville Illinois
Nicor Advanced Energy
Naperville, IL , Select State/Province USA

Nicor Advanced Energy Increase per therm charge over 60% per month for Jan and Feb 2014 Naperville Illinois

It has been a few years and I don't even remember when I signed up with Nicor Advanced Energy flex plan. Even though I don't know for sure if I'm actually saving money by switching to an alternate energy supplier but I thought maybe the pricing from NAT will be at least competitive. Well, like a few other users reporting the past few days, I learned my lesson the hard way.

On my bill for Jan 2014, the per therm rate went from $0.665 to $1.07. Okay, I bad because I didn't pay attention that there was a 60% increase. I just thought because I used more therm because of all the winter storms we've been getting in January.

On my bill for Feb 2014, the per them rate went from $1.07 to $1.70. What, serious, another 60% jackup! This time that got my attention because my bill was over $600. I thought I might have skipped a payment and now I'm paying for two months. I didn't realized it could get out of hand the bad this quickly.

So, I called NAT this morning to cancel my plan. Hopefully with the warmer temperature coming, my bill before switching back to the real Nicor Gas will not be too bad.

So, be careful with Nicor Advanced Energy. Don't be like me:(.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2014 09:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nicor-Advanced-Energy/Select-StateProvince/Nicor-Advanced-Energy-Increase-per-therm-charge-over-60-per-month-for-Jan-and-Feb-2014-N-1129549. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nicor Advanced Energy