Complaint Review: Nielsen Auto Service

• Reported By: iowarooster — spirit lake Iowa
Nielsen Auto Service
3009 Aurora Ave W Spirit Lake, Iowa USA

Nielsen Auto Service Screwed Me Out of $600 Spirit Lake Iowa

My car's air conditioner was on the fritz.  I was relatively new to the community and I saw the dude's commericial and figured that I'd give him a chance to fix my car, make a few bones and establish a relationship.  I've always thought it was a good idea to have a decent relationship with a reputable mechanic.

I still believe that is a good idea.  The drawback here is that I didn't choose a reputable guy to start developing this relationship.

So, it's hotter than hell out and my A.C. doesn't work.  I needed to travel back to my hometown which is six hours away in a few days, so I take my car in to this joker, tell him my story and stress to him that I need to go home in a couple of days.  I told him repeatedly I need to go out of state, if you can't finish it in time, tell me.

The owner tells me, "no problem" and gets to work.  Long story short, he fixes stuff that wasn't broke and fills up the freon.  He never fixed the A.C. and charges me $600 to take my car off his property.  Being that I was in a hurry to leave for the long drive, I bit my lip, paid the schmuck and swore to myself the whole trip.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2013 09:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nielsen-Auto-Service/Spirit-Lake-Iowa-51360/Nielsen-Auto-Service-Screwed-Me-Out-of-600-Spirit-Lake-Iowa-1069347. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nielsen Auto Service