Complaint Review: Nigerian National Petroleum - Dr. Bello Momodu

• Updated: Fri, April 02, 2004

• Reported By:Virginia Beach Virginia
Nigerian National Petroleum - Dr. Bello Momodu
engbello1@702mail.co.za Nationwide Nigeria

Nigerian National Petroleum Corp. Dr. Bello Momodu offered to deposit $16,500,000 in my bank account and give me 30% for my part. Rip-off! Lagos nigeria

*Consumer Comment: This is a common scam

Dr Bello Momodu claims to work in a contracting office for the nigerian national petroleum corp. and has extra money laying around that was used for contracts. All I had to do was send him all my personal information including bank acount and he would wire me $16,500,000 into the account of which I would receive 30% for my cooperation. They would use the remaining money themselves to invest in business in this country.

when I ask for something in writing on official letterhead, this guy emailed me a hand-written guarrantee on official letterhead with a seal on the bottom. At no time did he ask for money, but I am real sure it was coming. he even wanted to talk to me on the telephone but I declined. how can this guy think stealing money and having me help him think this is not illegal escapes me.

thank you for you website.

Johnny
Virginia Beach, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2004 10:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nigerian-National-Petroleum-Dr-Bello-Momodu/nationwide/Nigerian-National-Petroleum-Corp-Dr-Bello-Momodu-offered-to-deposit-16500000-in-my-ba-86353. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nigerian National Petroleum - Dr. Bello Momodu

This is a common scam

AUTHOR: Preston - (U.S.A.)

This is a very common scam. I receive probably 3-5 of these offers a week in my email inbox. The reason they do it is some people will fall for it because of greed.

NEVER give out any personal information in any transacation you did not initiate yourself.

And also, if you go to the bank, never say your account number out loud. Someone might be on a cell phone picking up your account number.