• Report: #197617

• Submitted: Thu, June 22, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, June 22, 2006

• Reported By:Chenoa Illinois
Nightengale Conant - New World Media
6245 West Howard St. Niles, Illinois U.S.A.

Nightengale Conant - New World Media ripoff - dishonest fraudulent billing Niles Illinois

I heard a commercial from John Cummuta about his "Transforming Debt into Wealth" program on the radio for $9.95, with money back. The commercial sounded interesting and what could I loose other than $9.95. I called the 800 from the ad and talk to a sales representative, s very slick talking one I might add.

I was talked into buying the complete "Transforming Debt into Wealth" program, for three payments of $69 a month on my credit card. Also I would have 30 days the review the material and could get a full refund if I didn't like it. At he end of the conversation the sales person mentioned few other items that he said were just a few dollars more. I should have never fallin for "a few dollars more". I gave him my credit card number, a low limit card I use for online purchases because that helps protect me from scams and overcharges.

A few days later I got the material in the mail. I noticed it must have been prepackaged because it did not have an invoice inside to show me what was the total I was being billed. I had the wait for my first credit card statement to find that out. My first billing was $9.95 for the intro CD which is nothing other that a pep talk to order the complete program. A month later I was billed for $97.84, which shows that "a few dollars more" was $30 a month more. My 30 day review time was over by then, so I was stuck with the program. I got billed two more times and now the program totaled $303.47, which I thought was an expensive lession. One month later my credit card was again billed for another $97.84 but was rejected from my cedit card company.

The other day I received a letter from New World Media that if I don't pay another $195.69 to return my account current, that they would turn me over to a collection agency. I was thinking what account, since I never received an invoice from them in the beginning, or monthly statements showing a balance owed. I made my original three months of payments as agreed orignally. If I knew in the beginning that I would be charged over $500, I would never have fallen for this in the beginning.

I'm not sure what to do now, but to warn others that I think this is a scam and dishonest billing. I'm also thinking of reporting Nightengale Convent - New World Media to the Illinois Attorney General and also to the FTC for fraudulent billing.

Richard
Chenoa, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2006 12:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nightengale-Conant-New-World-Media/Niles-Illinois-60714/Nightengale-Conant-New-World-Media-ripoff-dishonest-fraudulent-billing-Niles-Illinois-197617. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nightengale Conant - New World Media