Complaint Review: Nissan

• Reported By: JNarmo — Jamestown North Carolina
Nissan
, North Carolina USA

Nissan Airbag, front seat, sensor www.nissanusa.com North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: So how long was the WRITTEN warranty on the car?

3.5 years ago, my husband and I bought a new Nissan Sentra, fully loaded. We got a great deal on it. We bought an additional Nissan 4 months ago because we had been so happy with Nissan. Then, 6 weeks ago, the airbag light came on. This indicated that something was blocking the sensor in the passengar seat allowing the airbags to ignite when necessary.

After many trips to garages, we were sent to the dealers. Point blank, they said we had to replace the entire seat. $3000 worth of a seat. We called Nissan National and no one could do anything to help us. No warrenty, no nothing. So here we are having to dish out $3000, that we don't have, or put our family in an unsafe car. We had one year of payments left and then could enjoy the car payment free.

When I called Nissan National, I asked them how they felt about us trading the car in and never buying Nissans again, and all they kept saying was "I'm sorry ma'am, this is as high as you can go". Meaning, there was no one else we could talk to or nothing we can do. So now, we are trading in the car and locking ourselves in on another 5 year payment.

I'm incredibly disappointed in Nissan. I truly loved their company and their cars. I looked forward to driving the Sentra for another 5+ years. Instead, their unfriendly, uncaring, customer service leaves us frustrated, trading in, and never trusting Nissan again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2014 02:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nissan-/North-Carolina/Nissan-Airbag-front-seat-sensor-wwwnissanusacom-North-Carolina-1118603. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nissan

So how long was the WRITTEN warranty on the car?

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

The WRITTEN warranty spells out what is covered and for how long.  I'll bet the warranty wasn't for 3.5 years.