Complaint Review: Nissan South Union City Georgia

• Updated: Sun, January 22, 2012

• Reported By: Dorothy — Rex Georgia United States of America
Nissan South Union City Georgia
4080 Jonesboro Road Jonesboro, Georgia United States of America

Nissan South Union City Georgia BUYER BEWARE!! NISSAN SOUTH UNION CITY GA SELL USED CARS THAT HAVE MAJOR MECHANICAL PROBLEMS Jonesboro, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: comments

I purchase used 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo, mileage 43,039; from Nissan South in Union City, GA. Car was bought on 11/4/2010. I paid $3,000.00 down and balance was financed; along with Wynns Extended Warranty.

The salesman was Jerome Pellom at Nissan. I asked for carfax report, and he said he would provide it; then I forgot to ask again. I was duped; and I have checked the free carfax preliminary report; and the report showed 31 deficiencies. I get social security and I cannot afford to pay for a written report.

I called Nissan South on Friday; January 20, 2012. After several attempts to reach someone to ask for a carfax report; I finally spoke with Terell Stewart twice.  After he understood how to spell my name, on his second call to me; he said he found my records and he would call me back.  I have not heard back from him, as of todays date.

When I first started having mechanical problems, I called Nissan South, and I got the run-around. End result, Nissan's response was I need to take my car to a Chevrolet dealer; because the car was under manufacture warranty.  Chevrolet told me that is not true; my car is not under manufacture warranty.

On December 29, 2011; I had to take my car in for more problems, steering was shaking badly; brakes scrubbing and tires unstable

The best price search was Firestone. Upon inspection; I needed front brakes; back brakes rotors could be turned, but needed pads and all tires were unsafe and bad. These repairs cost me $1,073.00.

In August 2011; 9 months after purchase of this car; mechanical problems started. During my oil change, upon inspection I was told that I had a transmission leak.

I took my car to Terri Cullen Chevrolet in Morrow, Ga. I paid $95.00 for inspection. I was told and given written documentation that my car needed $2,000.00 in mechanical work. I was told that the transmission leak was not covered by Wynns warranty.

I continued to have mechanical problems; in November 2011; my car totally died. I had to get a jump; and I took my car to Ivory Chevrolet.

As soon as I drove my car into the service area at Ivory; all the orange coolant leaked out on the floor. The car was smoking, many red lights were on; the car was smoking, dead battery; no air condition, no heat and would only go about 5-10 miles.

I documented all my mechanical problems; along with what was given and told to me by Terri Cullen. I stressed to Ivory about the transmission leak.

Upon inspection by Ivory; I was told I had a coolant leak at water pump, bad thermostat and bad battery. I asked, what about transmission leak; I was told problem would be resolved; after fixing water pump and replacing thermostat. The cost for these repairs $860.67; Wynns Warranty paid $415.56; and I paid $445.11.

On January 17, 2012; I had to put my car back in the shop for the same transmission leak, that started back in August 2011.

On Friday; January 19, 2012; I got a telephone call from Ron at Ivory; he told me that Wynns warranty has denied my claim for the transmission leak; because I have more than 67,000 miles on my car. This is the same transmission leak, that started in August 2011.

The cost for the rental car, that I have been using since Tuesday; January 17, 2012; will not be covered; becqause Wynn Exteneded warranty is denying my claim for the transmission leak. I was told on Friday, January 20, 2012.

Nissan South is responsible for selling this car that was supposedly inspected by their mechanics for safety. This car was not safe to sell to consumers. Nissan South doesnot respond to Consumer Concerns.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2012 07:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nissan-South-Union-City-Georgia/Jonesboro-Georgia-30291/Nissan-South-Union-City-Georgia-BUYER-BEWARE-NISSAN-SOUTH-UNION-CITY-GA-SELL-USED-CARS-826874. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nissan South Union City Georgia

comments

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"I have had this car for 14 months and including my $3,000.00 down-payment; I have paid out $4,628.00 for this car in mechanical failures and repairs."

The down payment is not part of the maintenance costs.

"The car was smoking, many red lights were on"

Did you continue to operate the car when it was overheating?

You put over 23,000 miles on the car in 14 months. That is far higher than the national average of 14,000 miles in 14 months. That's hard driving and may have contributed to the problems in addition to the possibility that you drove the car when it was overheating.