Complaint Review: Nitro PDF, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, January 14, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, January 16, 2013

• Reported By: Donna — Virginia Beach Virginia United States of America
Nitro PDF, Inc.
717 Market Street, Suite 600 San Francisco, California United States of America

Nitro PDF, Inc. Terrible Customer Service San Francisco, California

*Author of original report: Resolved!

*Author of original report: Thank you for the Response

*UPDATE Employee: Nitro Pro Support

I purchased this product back in 2005 when I was working out of town and needed an easy pdf software program. Since it was such a user friendly product, the fact that the customer service was lacking did not make a big difference. Fast forward to April 2011 when I purchased the Nitro PDF Professional with OCR as an upgrade. Trying to contact someone to help get this program activated when I had to replace my computer was nearly impossible but I was finally able to contact someone. In October 2012, my computer became non-functional and I tried contacting the company to get them to issue me a new key to activate the product on my new computer. I was able to reach a "person" one time and was promised that someone would contact me and/or I would receive a license key in my email. Here it is mid-January 2013 and I have yet to hear from anyone even though I have continued to try and reach them via phone and Facebook.

If you are looking for a product that is easy to use, this is it. If you are looking for good customer service, this is not the company to do business with. If you are in need of this on a regular basis, there is no doubt you'll have a bug or two that needs to be worked out and you will have to wait for customer service responses if you get them at all. I would advise anyone looking for a pdf program to pay a little extra and go with a reputable company like Adobe. I learned my lesson the hard way.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2013 03:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nitro-PDF-Inc/San-Francisco-California-94103/Nitro-PDF-Inc-Terrible-Customer-Service-San-Francisco-California-996802. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nitro PDF, Inc.

Resolved!

AUTHOR: stormiii - (United States of America)

After making a complaint on here, I received a call from Stephanie with Nitro Pdf, Inc. and she was apologetic and explained that she wasn't sure what happened with my request but advised that I submit a support ticket on their website versus calling them so that doesn't happen again. She handled my problem promptly and I am pleased with the outcome and will continue to use their product. This issue has now been resolved.

AUTHOR: stormiii - (United States of America)

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you for reaching out to me so promptly. I only wish the reps that I spoken with previously had done the same and I am sorry that it had to come to this to get any response. In any event, I did receive your email and just responded. I hope that we are able to get this issue resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you again.

Donna

Nitro Pro Support

AUTHOR: Stephanie - (United States of America)

Hi Donna,

I'm very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience
with Nitros Customer Service department. We pride ourselves on offering
quality service and support to all our users and customers with some of the
best rapid response times in the industry, so we definitely want to ensure that
your issue gets resolved as soon as possible and also determine why it fell
through the cracks in the first place.

Ive reached out to you directly via the email address we
have on file for you (at least to the best of our knowledge), but also for
future reference, if you require assistance, please submit your question or
problem via the link below:

and someone will get back to you promptly.

I look forward to helping resolve your issue and apologies
again for what appears to have been a breakdown in communication.

Regards,