Complaint Review: Nixon Watches

• Submitted: Wed, January 27, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, February 01, 2010

• Reported By: Elaine — Encino California U.S.A.
Nixon Watches
701 South Coast Hwy Encinitas, California United States of America

Nixon Watches NIXON USA POOR PRODUCT QUALITY, POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE- spend your $ elsewhere! Encinitas, California

*Author of original report: RESOLVED BY NIXON- very happy with their customer service!

I bought a Nixon Delta watch with a stainless steel band a few weeks before Christmas 2005 as a gift for my boyfriend. This new watch with technical features/functions was designed for avid s****.. [continued below]....
..... The problems continued, but we decided not to send it back in because of the hassle and just dealt with the product flaws, getting the batteries changed every few months at a local watch repair shop.

I recently sent the watch to the Nixon Repair center on December 12, 2009. I sent it in not only to get the battery replaced, but because the clasp in the watch needed to be repaired. It should have been a simple fix. I got an email around December 28, 2009 from the Repair Center stating that they did not have the parts to fix the band and to contact them. I was on vacation at the time s****.>

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2010 04:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nixon-Watches/Encinitas-California-92024/Nixon-Watches-NIXON-USA-POOR-PRODUCT-QUALITY-POOR-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-spend-your-elsewher-560884. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nixon Watches

RESOLVED BY NIXON- very happy with their customer service!

AUTHOR: Elaine - (U.S.A.)

I just want to update my situation.  Seven days later after writing my last report, Nixon has completely resolved this situation to my satisfaction. They addressed my issue and really took the time to talk to me and make it right! All I can say is WOW- its very rare that customers are listened to and treated with such respect! What they did to help me really shows they do stand by their product and they do care about what their customers think, and making it right for the customer.

I have family and friends who are into extreme sports, and I have considered getting them Nixon watches as gifts in the past but have always gotten them something else. After what Nixon did to help me, I am confident that I can give them a Nixon watch and feel good about the quality and the service it will get.

Thank you Nixon, for showing me the corporate world isnt all about making money, and that the mom and pop values of treating the customers as individuals and caring about the customer is still there. I have a renewed sense of faith in the corporate world after what you did to help my situation!