Complaint Review: No Company name or return address given

• Submitted: Sat, March 10, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, March 10, 2012

• Reported By: Monsui — San Gabriel California United States of America
No Company name or return address given
Chicago, Illinois United States of America

No Company name or return address given Pre-paid postage They send me a postcard claiming I was selected to recieve $100 in gift rebates good at Walmart &/or Traget and to call 1-855-388-7341 to claim my reward. Chicago, Illinois

I received a postcard without Company name or return address
but it had a U.S. Pre-paid postage stamp with the city listed as
Chicago, IL Permit # 941
at Walmart &/or Target and to call 1-855-388-7341 to claim my
reward. The postcard was enticing so I called - Bianca answered and told me that I had won the $100 gift rebate and to give her my Claim # 004070154 which I did.  She said" I had won this because of a survey I took on line. ( ???? ) but did NOT give me an answered when asked what survey.  She then asked that there was a charge for shipping & handling and than ask for my credit card#.  When I told her that I couldn't give that information over the phone and to send it COD she said "that the credit card was the ONLY option" When I told her that I would not give my credit card information at all, she hung up without saying a word.  I Called the toll- free # again and she (Bianca) answered again.  I asked for her supervisor and she said " her supervisor was in a meeting and not available to take any calls"  My instinc had a red flag flying if you know what I mean.  So I called Walmart and talked with Dollie  and Dina @ Target who took my report and said "both stores were not doing any kind of promos regarding such gift rebates giveaways. And would forward my report to Public Relation personnel to follow-up on this issue.
On a personal note:  In general my idea is  - they were more interested in getting my credit card information than anything else. The media need to be aware - innocent people could get taken for what ever they want to do with the credit card #"s  and I want to file this complaint put it out there so no one will be taken for a ride.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2012 02:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/No-Company-name-or-return-address-given/Chicago-Illinois-non-given/No-Company-name-or-return-address-given-Pre-paid-postage-They-send-me-a-postcard-claiming-851795. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on No Company name or return address given