Complaint Review: No Smoke E Cigs

• Updated: Thu, June 06, 2013

• Reported By: leander — North Carolina
No Smoke E Cigs
1521 Alton Rd 756 Miami Beach, Florida USA

No Flame E Cigs Ordered starter kit for $4.95 and they charged $109.67 to my account without my permission or my placing an order. I've called 3 times and they REFUSE to give me a return authorization number, which is what their return policy requires. Miami Beach Florida

*Consumer Comment: Previous blogger...

*General Comment: Common Sense

*Consumer Suggestion: Apparent Lack of Common Sense

Ordered the starter kit for $4.95 and they charged my account for $109.67 without my permission or my placing an order.  Their return policy says a return number is needed within 30 days to return product for refund.  I called 3 times and they REFUSE to give me the number.  I've reported them to the BBB and to the FTC.  Hope everyone else will do the same.  They need to be out of business asap.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2013 07:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/No-Smoke-E-Cigs/Miami-Beach-Florida-33139/No-Flame-E-Cigs-Ordered-starter-kit-for-495-and-they-charged-10967-to-my-account-wi-1057084. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on No Smoke E Cigs

Previous blogger...

AUTHOR: teresa - ()

PLEASE don't keep telling us to read the fine print.  When I got this product, it was expressly conveyed to me that I would JUST pay for shipping.  Nothing more/nothing less.  I received it and not more than two weeks later, my bank account was slammed with the $109+ charge without my authorization.  This debit caused a HUGE mess in my bank account and their charge ended up costing me approx. $145.00  When I contacted them, they basically refused to transfer me to a supervisor, stating they would say the same thing.  No refund--no way.

This is a true bait/switch situation and I believe the person that told everyone to read the fine print actually works for their company.

#2 General Comment

Common Sense

AUTHOR: frank - ()

What did you people expect to have happen? The company has legally complied with requirements for disclosing information to people that buy their product. It’s not their fault you impulsively purchased something without reading the terms and conditions. I explain these terms to people on a regular basis in my job, and more often than not they agree that they are reasonable, or they freak out and say it is a “scam” because in the past they have been too irresponsible to make a simple phone call to change a subscription or recurring charge.

What did you think all the tiny lettering at the bottom of the order screen was? E Flame is also flexible when it comes to sending refills, you just need to call them. People need to use common sense in their business dealings. Why do you think they are called “starter” kits? Next time I would suggest before giving your cc # and agreeing to buy something, know what you’re buying. Responsibility goes both way, between consumers and companies. You agreed to these charges by placing the order. It isn't the companies fault you didn't bother to read the terms.

#3 Consumer Suggestion