Complaint Review: Nordic Track Aka IconFitness

• Reported By: J — Tulsa Oklahoma United States of America
Nordic Track Aka IconFitness
104 Peavey Road Chaska, Minnesota Internet United States of America

Nordic Track, IconFitness Warranty Dodging Junk Peddlers Internet

I bought an AudioStrider 600 Elliptical for my wife for Christmas this year. It was new in the box and I purchased it from a store locally. After I assembled it, there was a grinding noise and the machine locked up on the first use. I called NordicTrack and they said that the place I bought it from (still brand new in the box from NordicTrack) was technically the "Original purchaser" and therefore I was then the second purchaser and my warranty was void. Bear in mind this is only AFTER they determined that the replacement part I needed was over $400. I asked if I could speak to someone else and the customer care representative told me, "No. They will tell you the same thing." I would also like to add the that what they wanted to charge me (after telling me my warranty didn't count) for that one part was more then the cost of the entire machine itself.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2010 03:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nordic-Track-Aka-IconFitness/internet/Nordic-Track-IconFitness-Warranty-Dodging-Junk-Peddlers-Internet-550403. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nordic Track Aka IconFitness